Monday, January 26, 2009

I Am The Chopstick Queen! Bow To My Greatness...

Was at the Fairy Godmother's place for reunion dinner the night before the eve of Chinese New Year. And since we're a small family (6 of us altogether oni), things were real cosy. So cosy that Dee and I started itching for a project. I'm calling it the "Train Miss X To Kiap Kiap The Right Way" project.


Ladies and gentlemen, this *points below*
is the right way to hold your chopsticks.




I don't know why there are so many people out there who hold their chopsticks so salah-ly. Tengok pun muak. Serious! It feels as salah as eating steak off a knife or using a straw to pick your teeth, you know? And no, I'm not dramatising things. It is that bad. Just... salah. Wrong. Chuo. Um tiouk. Chor. How do you say "wrong" in Tamil???


Haih.

Chinese must know how to hold
chopsticks the right way lah.
(Shhh. Nobody knows I suck at Mandarin.
I don't say, you don't say, nobody know.)



So... Dee went first. But even after 10 minutes of coaching, Miss X's claw-like grip on her chopsticks still didn't look like it was planning on leaving anytime soon. (Hardcore claw-grip wan this char boh.)


So I stepped in. Heh.


The student, hard at work, while the teacher camwhores.


And over the next half hour or so, after breaking down the technique of holding chopsticks to her, Miss X gradually mastered the technique and even managed to pick up oily vege, broccoli, fish, and even a fish bone! Awessum-ness!!!


Miss X and I with our Jap chopsticks.


Hah!

Do I rock or do I rock lah, I ask you???

Bangga betui aku! Mm mmm!!!
(Yeah, that was the whole point of the post
– for me to boast. *snicker* Tee hee.)





Poor girl was totally worn out after the lesson. Haha. I think her hands cramped up, too. =p Anyhoo, no pain, no gain. What doesn't kill you only makes your chopstick hand stronger. She. Will. Survive. Hey hey!


But most importantly...

*cough cough*

You know it's coming, don't you?

*grin*

I. Am. Awessum.
And that's all that matters.




*kiap kiap*

All hail me. Whee!

12 comments :

jack said...

oh.. happy CNY~! em too learn to held a chopstick like u shown in yar picture almost a decade ago when watching japan series.. i observe their chopstick technique.. than try on my own.. lolx..

yapthomas said...

You Rock Lah!!!
Wheeeee... :P

Pam Song said...

ATTN: Jack
– Haha. HAPPY CHINESE NEW YEAR, you you, too!

And yay! You also hold chopsticks the right way now. Haha. One less salah person around is a good thing. I commend you on your effort to self-teach based on a Jap series! Bravo. LOL!


ATTN: yapthomas
– I do! I do! Wheee!

jack said...

pamsong: muahahahahaa i power than u~leh... heheh...

yapthomas: hey ur here also.. happy CNY~!!

Unknown said...

Miss Kiap Kiap,

I cant hold it the Miss Kiap Kiap way, it's an "X" hold, but still can kiap my food and be full. That's all that matters.

Chinese New Year Promotion, just for the festivities, I'll be humble and bow to you!

Resurrected said...

can start chopstick classes already. I will enrol

RealGunners said...

i kiap kiap the wrong way la, but.. but.. i kiap much much better than some of my friends who kiap the right way..

nithyakuthiah said...

Wrong in Tamil is :

Thappu (pronounced thap-poo)- Bahasa pasar Tamil
Thavaru (pronounced - tha-ve-roo) - Proper Tamil

Happy Chinese New Year babes.

=)

Pam Song said...

ATTN: Jack
– Hahaha. Ok ok. You quite power. =p Give you face since it's CNY. WAKAKAKA. You know Thomas wan?


ATTN: Chris
– Eee. Fail lah you. Haha. And I want that bow in person!!! Then only counted! Haha.


ATTN: Resurrected
– Ooo. I wonder how much I should charge for those classes. Haha.


ATTN: RealGunners
– Cannot be lor. Unless your friends very fail lah. Haha. Cos the right way is the way that you can kiap the best and most steady wan.


ATTN: - nithya -
– Ooo. Class stand. All together now....

THANK. YOU. TEA. CHER!!!

*grin*

weevern said...

you actually know how to hold a chopstick correctly? surprise surprise haha or was it me who taught u??? lol

Unknown said...

ATTN: Spasm Song

Aiyah, back cramp, sclerotic, can't bow physically, unless u say pweettyyyy PLEASE!

haha, only when i drop by KL...



ATTN: Nithya

What is "yen na dei"? (Spasm Song, u keep quiet) I think its some sort of degrading remark, that Spasm here like to use.

Pam Song said...

ATTN: weevern
– Walauuuu. I started using the chopsticks by using it the right way already lorrr. And the first thing I picked up was a fishball. Serious! And wei... we had this conversation before leh. You getting old lah. 25 di wei.


ATTN: Chris
– Haha. Ish. Tarik harga pula.

Nit dun wanna answer you lah. And you so lag lor. This "Yen Na Dei" issue has been pending soooo long already lorrrr.

Post a Comment

Talk to me!