Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Screwed-Up Scratching

NOTE: The post before this one *click* somehow got screwed-up yesterday and I only just realised this morning that all you poor things got were the first two sentences – all of which came up to a total of 5 words. -_- So fail. I blame the crummy internet connection at home. Meh. So... here we go again.


---------


I'm itching to shop.

Shit.

And shopping always, always
results in spending money
I shouldn't be spending.

Blergh.


BAD, BAD, BAD. This is not cool, man. Not cool at all. Itchy people like me should be chained to bedposts and made to do sit-ups for every evil thought that passes the mind – and by evil thoughts I mean thoughts of shopping, of course.


Sigh. How lah?


There's dissonance within. I feel it. And dissonance isn't good for any individual's emotional well-being, right? No, it's not. In fact, it's not healthy at all! So that kinda means that I should give in to the itch and not gripe or worry about depleting my bank account, shouldn't I? Not cos I want to shop, but cos I don't quite have a choice! It's the health of my bank account versus my very own emotional well-being lah, cummon! I can't possibly compromise on emotional health for the sake of a few more Malaysian Ringgit in my bank account.


Sigh.


So it looks like I'm going to have to give in and listen to the voice within. I can't belive I'm being forced into perfect obedience. Manipulated into carrying out the order and executing it to the best of my abilities. Sigh. Fine. I'll do it. I'll shop. Selflessly. With no regard for the bank account I hold so dear. But I'll do it only cos it's for the betterment of the parties involved – my heart and my mind.


*cough cough*

*grin*

Ahh, the calling of that sweet,
sweet voice within... I hear you.

May the scratching begin. =p

6 comments :

tim said...

that's a lot of unnecessary justification.

just do what i do.
shop and be happy.

Pam Song said...

ATTN: tim
– Yes yes, I see how you're a pro at such things. Haha.

Simon Seow said...

Retail therapy is good for mental health.

Pam Song said...

ATTN: Simon Seow
– Yes it is!!!

yapthomas said...

Me wants to go shopping too!!!
Shop in KL is a lot more fun!!!

Pam Song said...

ATTN: yapthomas
– I thought you said you wanna save money! HAH!

Post a Comment

Talk to me!